Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Here are things families can do to help us ensure the safest environment possible during student drop-off and pick-up times:
- Leave home in plenty of time to get to school.
- Be patient when dropping off and picking up your children. Make sure your children are ready to be dropped off when you pull into the drop-off area.
- Wait in line in the drop-off lane as you enter the Sandalwood parking lot. Pull to the left to exit the drop-off lane, and do not enter on the left to pass other vehicles.
- Student supervision begins at 8:05 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (Wednesdays at 9:05 a.m.). Do not drop off students until this time.
- TK/K students should be walked to the kindergarten area gates on Highland Oaks.
- When approaching crosswalks, look to the crossing guard for directions. If the crossing guard is in the crosswalk, do not drive through the crosswalk. Wait for the crosswalk to completely clear before driving through.
- Pull all the way forward when you are driving through the drop-off area.
- Stay in your vehicle during pick-up and drop-off. Children should sit on the passenger side of the vehicle, so they can exit on their own directly to the sidewalk in front of the school. Children should not walk in front of or behind vehicles in the parking lot.
- Use your turn signal to indicate which way you will be turning when coming to a stop.
- No cell phone use at any time while you are driving.
- The Highland Oaks main parking lot is for staff and family use. Families may park in the lot if spaces are available or pull to the curb for drop-off and pick-up.
- The Highland Oaks staff parking lot is for staff use only. A security gate prevents entry by non-staff members.
- Be mindful of the signs posted on streets that designate parking areas and hours.
- U-turns are not allowed on streets around the schools during drop-off and pick-up.
- Do not drop off or pick up your children in the middle of the street or parking lot.
- Use crosswalks when crossing the Lydiksen neighborhood streets.
- Respect the driveway areas of the homes neighboring our school. Do not block the driveways at any time and please allow drivers to enter/exit their driveways.
- Per district policy, no dogs are allowed on campus at any time. No exceptions.
- Students in grades 1-5 (not on an “early start” schedule) need to be picked up every day by 3:10 p.m., when student supervision ends.
- We always encourage families to walk or ride bikes to school when possible. This helps with traffic issues and teaches our children a valuable life lesson.
If you have questions regarding these procedures, contact the school office. Thank you so much for your help in making Lydiksen a safe environment for your children!